ITV has released official story details for the next episode of Victoria.
Jenna Coleman (Doctor Who) and Tom Hughes (The Game) are back as Queen Victoria and Prince Albert in eight new episodes, followed by a feature-length special at Christmas.
Titled ‘The Sins Of The Father’, the fourth episode of Season 2 will air at 9pm on Sunday 17 September on ITV in the UK.
Here are some hints at what’s coming up in the episode:
1. The Royal Court is delighted by the arrival of a healthy Prince of Wales, but Victoria finds herself paralysed by an inexplicable sorrow after a difficult birth, and is unable to bond with her son.
2. Things are not made easier when tragic news arrives from Coburg and Albert is forced to depart for his childhood home – the first time Victoria and Albert have been apart since their wedding.
3. Whilst in Coburg, Albert learns a dark family secret which leaves him feeling lost as to his place in Palace.
4 .Meanwhile, a blunder by Skerrett threatens to put Francatelli in the firing line unless she exposes her deepest secret. Will she confess and risk losing her livelihood?
5. A reluctant revelation from Drummond also threatens to end his tentative friendship with Lord Alfred.
6. When national duty calls, Victoria finds she cannot escape the responsibilities of being Queen regardless of whether or not Albert is standing behind her, and must draw on reserves of courage that she didn’t know she had. Will she in turn be able to reach Albert in his private torment?
The first season of Victoria is available now on DVD.
Season 2 will air in the US from Sunday January 14, 2018 on Masterpiece on PBS.