ITV has released the first storyline teasers for the new season of The Durrells.
Based upon Gerald Durrell’s classic trilogy of Corfu memoirs, the family drama series returns to UK screens this spring with 8 new episodes, set in 1937.
The Durrells launched on ITV in April 2016, telling the story of Louisa Durrell, who decides to uproot her family from Bournemouth to start a new life in Corfu.
Here are 6 hints for what’s coming up in Season 3:
1. Louisa, having decided to give up searching for love, chooses to focus on her family.
2. Larry is struggling to write his third novel.
3. Margo is in search of a new vocation.
4. Gerry continues to grow his menagerie.
5. Leslie is juggling three different girls.
6. When her Aunt Hermione (Barbara Flynn) arrives, Louisa hopes that she will be able to help set her children back on the straight and narrow.
Season 1 and Season 2 are available to buy on DVD now.
The third season of The Durrells in Corfu will air in the US later this year on PBS.