ITV has revealed some teasers for what to expect in the final season of The Durrells.
It was confirmed last month that the popular period drama series will end next year.
The Durrells launched on ITV in April 2016, based upon Gerald Durrell’s classic trilogy of Corfu memoirs.
Six new episodes began filming this month on Corfu and now we have the first details about what will happen in Season 4:
1. The family are all channelling their heartbreak in different ways, but the future looks bright for the Durrells.
2. Louisa chooses to keep herself busy by opening the doors of the family villa as a guest house.
3. The business must find its feet and customers, with Basil as their only paying guest.
4. Larry struggles to get his risqué Black Book published, but enjoys the love of two ballet dancers.
5. A heartbroken Leslie throws himself back into his job – and more shooting.
6. Gerry collects even more animals, with plans to open his own zoo that see a new owl and some lemurs join the family!
7. Margo starts her own beauty salon, seeking a new challenge.
Actress Keeley Hawes, who plays Louisa Durrell, says the final episodes “will give the family a fitting and fabulous farewell.”
The Durrells is available to buy on DVD now.
Season 4 will air in the UK in spring 2019 on ITV and in the USA at a later date.