2018 saw some incredible performances in period dramas on British television.
From the always-brilliant Keeley Hawes as The Durrells matriarch Louisa and Olivia Cooke’s scene-stealing Becky Sharp in Vanity Fair, to newcomers Leonie Elliott and Florence Pugh in Call the Midwife and The Little Drummer Girl, it’s been hard to choose a favourite from the past year!
Over the past couple of months, we asked you to vote for 2018’s best actress in a British period drama, TV movie or mini-series.
Hundreds of thousands of you took part and, now that we’ve counted up all 302,291 votes, we can reveal the Top 20…
20. Bella Dayne as Helen of Troy in ‘Troy: Fall Of A City’
19. Florence Pugh as Charlie in ‘The Little Drummer Girl’
18. Elisa Lasowski as Marie-Thérèse in ‘Versailles’
17. Anna Maxwell Martin as Wendy Parry in ‘Mother’s Day’
16. Olivia Cooke as Becky Sharp in ‘Vanity Fair’
15. Jessie Buckley as Marian Halcombe in ‘The Woman in White’
14. Tamara Lawrance as July in ‘The Long Song’
13. Ruth Wilson as Alison Wilson in ‘Mrs Wilson’
12. Emily Cox as Brida in ‘The Last Kingdom’
11. Naomi Battrick as Jocelyn Woodbryg in ‘Jamestown’
10. Samantha Morton as Margaret Wells in ‘Harlots’
9. Rachael Stirling as Millie Harcourt in ‘The Bletchley Circle: San Francisco’
8. Kelly Reilly as Kerra in ‘Britannia’
7. Liza Tarbuck as Anne Hathaway in ‘Upstart Crow’
6. Leonie Elliott as Nurse Lucille in ‘Call the Midwife
5. Sorcha Cusack as Mrs Bridgette McCarthy in ‘Father Brown’
4. Heida Reed as Elizabeth Warleggan in ‘Poldark’
3. Keeley Hawes as Louisa Durrell in ‘The Durrells’
2. Ann Skelly as Beth Winters in ‘Death and Nightingales’
1. Caitriona Balfe as Claire Fraser in ‘Outlander’
Take a look at our guide to the 28 best British period drama TV series of 2018.