The BBC has released new story line details for this year’s festive episode of Call the Midwife.
The hit period drama series will return for a Christmas special on Monday 25 December on BBC One in the UK.
The episode is expected to air in December on PBS in the US, but a date has not yet been confirmed.
Here are 10 hints for what to expect:
1. Boxing Day brings a large snowfall that covers the country. The adverse weather causes major disruption across Poplar as roads become blocked and pipes freeze.
2. The milk float struggles to make its deliveries and families must queue outside for water from standpipes.
3. Trixie’s holiday with Christopher is cancelled due to the snow.
4 .Valerie helps Linda and Selwyn, an unmarried couple living in a caravan, prepare for their baby.
5. As the labour progresses, unforeseen complications knock Valerie’s confidence in her ability as a midwife.
6. Elsewhere, the freezing weather takes the life of Dr Turner’s patient, Percy Tillerson.
7. Sister Julienne must inform the family of his death and uncovers an uncomfortable truth about the chirpy late Percy.
8. Tom is offered a new position in Birmingham but it would mean him and Barbara leaving Poplar for at least six months.
9. It’s all hands on deck to help during the weather crisis so Shelagh comes back to work.
10. Nurse Crane meets her match in Sergeant Woolf as he challenges her driving ability and Akela leadership. Proving him wrong, Nurse Crane is instrumental in bringing the milk float back to Poplar.
Season 6 is available to buy now on DVD.
The new eight-part season of Call the Midwife will begin in the UK on BBC One in January and in the US on PBS in the spring.