ITV has released official story details for the next episode of Victoria.
Jenna Coleman (Doctor Who) and Tom Hughes (The Game) are back as Queen Victoria and Prince Albert in eight new episodes, followed by a feature-length special at Christmas.
Titled ‘The Luxury of Conscience’, the final episode of Season 2 will air at 9pm on Sunday 15 October on ITV in the UK.
Here are some hints at what’s coming up in the episode:
1. Peel fights the battle of his career in Parliament, facing the consequences of taking a stand against the Corn Laws.
2. Albert inadvertently plays into the hands of Peel’s critics, and jeopardises the progress that they have fought for.
3. Meanwhile, at the Palace, the strained relationship between Victoria, Albert and Victoria’s closest confidante, Lehzen, is pushed to breaking point.
4. Albert grows increasingly frustrated about the control that he perceives Lehzen to have over his wife, especially when the health of their children is at stake.
5. Faced with the prospect of having to live without their respective crutches, Victoria and Albert begin to lose sight of each other.
6. But when tragedy strikes, they realise that sacrifices will have to be made in both their personal and political lives.
The first season of Victoria is available now on DVD.
Season 2 will air in the US from Sunday January 14, 2018 on Masterpiece on PBS.