The BBC has released the first story details for the new season of Poldark.
Set in 1796, eight new episodes of the Cornish period drama will air on BBC One in 2018.
Season 4 began filming in Cornwall earlier this month, with Aidan Turner returning as Ross Poldark alongside Eleanor Tomlinson as his wife Demelza.
Here are 6 hints at what’s coming up in Poldark next year:
1. Ross must defend Cornwall from an empowered George Warleggan.
2. Demelza finds her loyalties torn.
3. Elizabeth tries to strengthen her marriage.
4. Morwenna continues to be oppressed by husband Reverend Ossie Whitworth.
5. The Enyses are tested as never before.
6. Ross risks everything he holds dear as he embarks on a political journey which takes him to the nation’s capital.
Season 3 will premiere in the US at 9/8c on Sunday October 1 on Masterpiece on PBS.
The complete first and second seasons of Poldark are available to buy on DVD now.
The third season of Poldark recently concluded on BBC One in the UK, averaging over 7.5m viewers (including BBC iPlayer catch-up requests).